The Associate Director of Origination works under the guidance of the Senior Director to manage and oversee a team of individuals focused on PPA opportunities for renewable energy projects, including wind, solar and storage in markets East of the Mississippi River. The Associate Director of Origination leads the ongoing effort to close 800+ MW of new renewable energy power purchase transactions across the East Region each year. This position collaborates directly with the Executive Team, the Senior Director, and the Origination team to create the company’s commercial strategy.
- Directly manage team of Originator(s) dedicated to executing PPAs.
- Lead PPA sourcing, structuring and negotiation for the East Region.
- Identify new clients & markets to support renewable growth targets.
- Coordinate with Executive Team and Origination team on commercial strategy.
- Provide commercial support on tax equity, cash equity, and M&A transactions.
- Oversee the RFP response process for the East Region.
- Oversee the East Region Origination internal reporting requirements.
- Additional duties as required.
Direct reports: 1-2 direct reports
Travel: up to 40%
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or other related fields. Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible management experience in the energy industry, preferably in Origination or Business Development Role.
- Excellent Communication and Customer/Partner Relationships skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products preferred.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise preferred
- Ability to quickly understand a variety of subjects relating to renewable energy generation and storage assets, including financial models, energy market rules and regulations, resource studies, public relations, public policy, and sales
- Strong interpersonal skills and high attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and ability to successfully train, motivate and manage multiple direct reports
- Ability to coordinate complex analysis and projects across multiple departments
- Demonstrated management skills and experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and perform job tasks in a relatively unstructured environment with little supervision
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interest in renewable energy and combating climate change
- Ability to travel extensively by plane and by car and with short notice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary