EMCOR Services CES offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term values.
ob Title: 1st Class Engineer (Part-time/Weekend)
Job Summary: EMCOR Services CES has an immediate need for a 1st Class Engineer in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Engineer reports to Chief Engineer and Shift Lead. One will receive and respond to service calls, take immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns; perform and oversee mechanics, routine & preventative maintenance work. Shift work may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operation and maintenance requirements of the assigned Mechanics, insuring services are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
- Perform and oversee corrective maintenance per contract specifications
- Operate those elements of the system, for which EMCOR is responsible, in accordance with prescribed procedures and performance limitations.
- Receive and respond to service requests from the Customer’s Representative; to advise the Project Manager of all such actions taken and of any unresolved problems.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations, initiate emergency operations procedures and to advise the Chief Engineer, and the Customer’s Representative/Security when resolution of an emergency exceeds the capability of shift personnel.
- Implement those elements of the operations, routine & preventive maintenance and support services programs, which are assigned to the shift.
- Issue directions and instructions to assigned shift personnel as required. Evaluate personnel performance capabilities and training on a regular basis.
- Ensure required operating logs and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and that these are submitted to the Customer on a timely basis.
- Control, maintain accountability, and oversee the issuance and use of spare parts and tools.
- Train and direct assigned mechanics on facility SOP’s
- Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Overtime and shift work may be required.
- Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
- A graduate of a technical or trade school with training in mechanical or related systems. Must possess a current Maryland 1st Class stationary engineer license.
- Minimum of ten (10) years field experience in commercial Mechanical Systems operation, repair and maintenance; experience with Boiler, Chiller and Control System similar to that at the Customer’s facility is desirable. Familiarity with plumbing, electric & fire protection systems.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing and supervising maintenance personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer’s Representative.
- Ability to write effectively in the preparation of reports and forms.
- Ability to read and apply blueprints, specifications, Building Operations Services manuals, and BAS control drawings.
- Strong background in troubleshooting, operation, replacement, repair and maintenance of large, complex mechanical systems and controls.
- Should possess a state and US EPA approved universal refrigeration certificate, to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer -Veteran/Disabled