ENSCO Avionics supports challenging engineering programs on a broad range of aerospace platforms including modern control units and display systems for fixed wing and rotorcraft/helicopter programs.
ENSCO has a need for Electronic Warfare software engineers with military electronic warfare experience in support of multiple programs/platforms, in the Syracuse, NY area. Platforms may include airborne platforms like the AH-64D, B-2 Bomber, E-2C/D Advanced Hawkeye, MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopter, HH-60W Combat Rescue Helicopter, Canadian Maritime Helicopter, and the CP-140. Naval EW platforms may include the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP) for aircraft carriers, cruisers, and destroyers and the BLQ-10 and Multi-Function Modular Mast (MMM) for Virginia and Seawolf-class submarines.
Software Engineers will work within a team developing Electronic Warfare software applications. The chosen candidates will be engaged in software development activities for Operational Flight Programs that execute capabilities on various platforms. Activities consist of, but not limited to, successful performance of all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, preliminary and detailed design, implementation, and test.
The successful candidate must be flexible, motivated, detail-focused, team-oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic along with the ability to multi-task. Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills required. The ability to understand, resolve, and communicate both technical and process issues is required. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the quality of all software deliverables, ensuring allocated requirements are considered correctly in the design, ensuring the design is consistent with the overall software architecture, and the implementation and test meets both the design and requirements.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Some formal academic/technical training with a minimum 6 Months relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrated experience in Object-Oriented development using C++, C# or Java
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare domain
- Experience with model-based development/design and UML modeling tools such as SysML and Rhapsody
- Embedded software development experience (using such operating systems as Linux or VxWorks)
- Must work on-site at the customer’s site 100% (no virtual component)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact well in diverse team environments
- Self-starter, capable of multi-tasking, and has the initiative to attack and solve problems with minimum supervision
- High level of professionalism, work ethic, and attention to quality
- ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN AN INTERIM-SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE, AS WELL AS THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION, FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Electronic Attack software development and integration experience
- Background with software architecture and design
- Understanding of open architectures and modular design
- Hardware or firmware familiarity
- Agile software development experience
- Test driven development and automated test
- Experience with Jira, SVN, Eclipse, Jenkins, Coverity, DOORS