At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource – our people. Join EBAD and you’ll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
EBAD’s continued growth requires an accomplished engineer for the position of Environmental Test Engineer – Electronics, reporting to the Electronics Team Product Development Manager. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
The Test Engineer provides support for environmental and testing of EBA&D electronics products, test lab capability growth and technical problem solving in the following areas.
- Environmental requirements evaluation
- Detailed test plan & procedure creation
- Test scheduling & coordination with internal & external test labs
- Electronics performance testing
- Results / data interpretation
- Data & test report creation
- Equipment / instrumentation selection
- Test method development & prove-out Training
- Continuous improvement
- Test process documentation
- Fixture / tool Design & Procurement
- Test program scope / cost
The candidate shall have an AS/BS in an engineering discipline. Mechanical and Electrical are the preferred engineering disciplines. Non-degreed candidates will be considered if they have a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience in a test lab environment.
Candidates shall have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to interface with individuals at multiple levels in the organization. Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving are required. Knowledge of electronic products is required, explosive materials and/or ordnance devices is beneficial. Experience working in an aerospace industry is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in a test lab environment with exposure to a number of the following areas:
- Thermal Cycling & Shock
- Temperature & Humidity
- Temperature & Vacuum / Altitude
- Random & Sine Vibration
- Classical & SRS Shock
- Pressure Transducers
- Charge Amplifiers & Signal Conditioners
- Constant Current Supplies
- Digital and Analog Filters
- Thermocouples & Humidity Probes
- Microsoft Office Programs
- CAD Software (Solid Works)
- DAQ Software (LabVIEW, VR9500)
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.