We are recruiting paid interns for placement within our independent agency force throughout Maryland and DC. This is an opportunity to work with and experience the entrepreneurial realities of small business ownership in local communities. Ideal interns are energetic professionals with a passion for helping people. They will act with the highest level of ethical standards, are eager to learn and strive for success.
The U.S. insurance industry is expected to have over 45,000 full time open positions available by 2022. This is an opportunity to work in a growing industry that adds value to individual lives and the community daily.
Working as an Insurance Agency Intern at one of our Independent Agencies you will:
- Work with experienced small business owners assisting with office management, customer service and agency revenue growth
- Support agency re-underwriting programs
- Develop, implement and monitor creative small business marketing programs
- Assist small business to manage social media presence
- Work directly with clients to triage day-to-day insurance issues while demonstrating excellent customer care.
- Support sales efforts including inquiry generation, engaging with clients on inbound/outbound calls, qualifying a prospect
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior articulation in written, verbal and electronic communication
- Excellent project management skills
- Display a team attitude with the ability to also work independently
- Polished interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and various social media platforms (Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Pursuit of bachelor’s degree with completion of freshman year.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA overall preferred.
- Candidates in their final year of undergraduate study or pursuing graduate studies should also consider applying.
Special consideration may be given to individuals that hold a property and casualty insurance license. Such license is NOT required.
Pay is hourly and is based on experience and geography.
Weekly Schedule: Variable/Flexible
Physical Qualifications (% of Time):
Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (<20%); 20-50 lbs. Rarely; Over 50 lbs. Rarely
Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (<20%)
Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
About Erie Insurance
Erie Insurance is a Fortune 500 company committed to Employee development, professional excellence and career success. We view a diverse workforce as a competitive advantage and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people we can find. Our Home Office is in Erie, Pa., and our 24 field offices employ over 5,700 people. ERIE’s territory includes 12 states and the District of Columbia.
This position is with an independent contractor agent, not with Erie Insurance. Erie agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. Erie agents’ employees are not employees of Erie Insurance.