This Engineering position is responsible for directly supporting the execution of Eversource’s implementation plans related to System Resiliency to improve the reliability performance and operation of Eversource’s electric distribution system. A major component of this is the investment in Distribution Automation (DA) and SCADA controlled equipment and other grid modernization technologies including DigitalGrid and PI integration with SCADA and power quality studies. The Associate Engineer role will assist the Lead Engineer with all phases of implementation including technology review and selection; defining project budget, scope and timeline; project management and coordination of all related work groups for implementation; internal and external reporting and tracking; and stakeholder engagement. Individual will also support efforts to research and develop plans for additional resiliency opportunities including investigation and assessment of new tools and technologies relevant to improving the reliability of the electric distribution system.
- Participate in teams across three states from distribution engineering, system planning, substation engineering, telecommunications engineering, standards, system operations, field operations, IT, and other groups to ensure effective and efficient implementation of System Resiliency programs.
- Develop expertise in technologies including Distribution Automation, SCADA, distributed generation interconnection, energy storage, microgrids, etc.
- Participate in review and assessment of technology options related to system resiliency including working with internal teams to execute competitive procurement processes.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to optimize the efforts to develop and refine system resiliency strategic plans.
- Support internal and external tracking and reporting requirements associated with system resiliency programs including reporting of metrics related to the achievement of project benefits.
- Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry and assess the relevance and benefit to the Company’s resiliency efforts.
- Participate in and facilitate team effectiveness and make sound decisions to support strategic objectives.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different groups throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable.
- Basic understanding of utility electrical system is helpful.
- Familiarity with distribution technologies and/or grid modernization technologies is helpful
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
Experience: 0-3 years experience in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor