The Service Engineer Intern will assist the Service Team with calibration, maintenance and repair of clinical laboratory equipment. This includes both simple and complex laboratory instrumentation. This position is intended to be a full-time opportunity for an undergraduate to obtain hands-on experience in the Service Engineer field while contributing to the daily interactions of maintenance requirements.
· Assist with performing maintenance and calibration on laboratory equipment.
· Assist with performing hardware repairs on laboratory equipment.
· Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory bodies (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, etc).
· Assist with filing and organizing activities.
· Assist with other support duties as assigned.
· Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to use troubleshooting skills to help identify and diagnose equipment failure.
· Must be highly organized and able to produce high quality work as a part of a team.
· Excellent organization and communication skills.
· Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Scheduling requirements:
o Ability to work designated schedule.
o Ability to work overtime as needed.
· Physical requirements:
o Ability to lift up to 20 pounds for approximately 1% of a typical working day.
o Ability to work seated for approximately 40% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 60% of a typical working day.
o Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 30% of a typical working day.
o Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
o Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
· Enrollment towards Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences or Engineering with at least two years of college-level coursework.
· Technical skills:
o Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
o Basic Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Record of outstanding academic achievement
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.