The Sustaining Engineer Co-op will assist with providing support for the Instrument Production and broader Operations team. This position will help with developing and executing test plans, gathering data, assisting with documentation requirements, and writing reports. This position is intended to be a temporary full-time position for the summer term.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Engineering personnel with testing and troubleshooting of production and clinical laboratory systems and other automated systems.
- Manage and complete trouble shooting and process improvement projects, drive issues to resolution, and report out on progress.
- Develop and test engineering, operational, and maintenance procedures consistent with medical device quality regulations.
- Collect and analyze system performance data, generate summary reports, and present results to the project team.
- Help develop new procedures, systems, and processes aimed at Continuous Improvement.
- Develop engineering drawings and scope of work documents to support projects.
- Complete and maintain test documentation per GMP standards.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 90% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
· Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Biological Engineering or related field of study.
· Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- CAD drawing experience.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.