Summer Internship in RF Signal Processing and Machine Learning
Please note: US Citizenship is a requirement for these positions due to US Government rules regarding security clearances.
At Expedition Technology (EXP), we push the boundaries of what is possible every day. Our engineers work on applying machine learning techniques to the toughest problems in Radio Frequency (RF) Signal Processing and Image Processing. Each of our successes furthers our vision of building EXP into a formidable provider of differentiated products and solutions for our Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients.
We are seeking interns for the summer of 2022 to support our RF signal processing projects. Our interns will:
- Analyze RF signals from various sources (communications and/or radar)
- Implement and/or modify signal processing operations in Python on RF Data such as filtering, tuning, resampling, detection, spectral analysis, demodulation and generating wave forms
- Work with the data processing pipeline for machine learning systems that process RF data
- Train RF machine learning systems and analyze the results
- Work on real-world problems that involve all of the above
Successful applicants will work closely with senior engineers to support one of our programs, potentially including a combination of conceptual R&D and product development. Interns will be compensated at an hourly rate of pay.
Find out how our summer 2020 interns felt about their experience in this blog post by Cheryl Danner- one of our senior engineers and intern mentors. https://www.exptechinc.com/machine-learning/2020-internship-experiences/
Requirements for Summer Internship in RF Signal Processing
- Must be currently attending college or university pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, physics, math or related field of study
- Some experience with programming in Python and/or MATLAB- if MATLAB, must be willing to learn Python quickly and independently
- Comfort with command line basics
- Basic experience with Git
- Proven interest in RF signal processing through course selection, extra-curricular club activities and/or personal reading or projects
- Have completed Signals & Systems course (or similar)
- Have taken at least two of the courses listed below
- Discrete Signal Processing
- Random Variables
- Digital Communications
- Filter Theory
- Detection and Estimation
- Spectral Estimation
- Information Theory
- Array Signal Processing
- Adaptive Filtering
- Students with graduation dates of December, 2022 or May, 2023 (rising seniors and/or second-year grad students) very strongly preferred
Expedition Technology is an employee-owned defense and aerospace technology company seeking scientists and engineers who enjoy tackling challenging problems. Our standards are high and the opportunities are amazing. You’ll have the chance to work with the best and brightest minds in engineering, physics, math and more while leading ground-breaking work that will help our country maintain a security and operational advantage in a constantly changing world.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.