Location: Facebook, Washington, D.C.
Duration: Full time; Fall 2021
Note: The Facebook DC Policy Extern Program is a program run by Facebook’s DC Privacy team and is separate from Internship Programs managed by Facebook’s University Recruiting Team. All Facebook DC Privacy Externs will be hired and employed as contractors through a third party contingent workforce management company.
• Support Facebook’s Public Policy and Privacy team.
• Monitor and analyze privacy legislation, regulation, and policies relevant to the company.
• Draft privacy-related materials including briefings and talking points.
• Research privacy issues and developments of interest to the company.
• Support outreach to Government, Congress, non-profit organizations, and other entities.
• Research and develop policies and communication related to privacy.
• Partner with senior team members on a wide range of projects.
• Prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently.
• Learn quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Must be currently enrolled in a JD or Masters program.
• Previous internship or professional experience in policy, research, or communications preferred.
• Previous coursework on privacy law and administrative law preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in politics, public policy, and technology.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
• Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus.
• Passion for Facebook and online communication a must!
How to Apply
Deadline to submit application is June 16, 2021.