Commercial HVAC Equipment Sales Executive-Hydronics
Fahrenheit Advisors – Norfolk, VA
Hobbs & Associates, Inc., a family-owned operation with an impeccable reputation, founded in Virginia Beach, Va., provides heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial contractors from Richmond, Va., to Nashville, Tenn. With more than 60 years of experience providing excellence to contractors and manufacturers, Hobbs’s commitment and integrity have led to the expansion into nine total markets including Maryland, D.C., and Northern Virginia.
As the largest independent manufacturer’s representative in each of these nine markets, our focus remains on the expansion of our services and reinvesting our efforts to grow our company. This “team first” oriented firm offers a great culture that values work/life balance and investment in their employees’ career development including product training and exposure to exceptional leadership.
Title: Commercial HVAC Equipment Sales Executive-Hydronics
We are seeking a talented Commercial HVAC Equipment Sales Executive with minimum 2-5 years’ sales and leadership experience OR open to an aspiring entry-level sales executive with an engineering educational background (compensation dependent on experience). This outside sales role is responsible for the sale of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to owners, engineers, architects, contractors, and consultants. You will build and manage long term customer relationships with your customers, accounts, and the manufacturers. The Hydronics team is a relatively new one and an exciting sector of growth for Hobbs with their existing and growing client base. The Sales Team Lead would make a great mentor for someone looking to learn! Year One is salaried, but full commission entitled following year one with uncapped earning potential.
Hydronic heating has been the preferred choice of heating in Europe since the 1940s and currently makes up over 70% of all heating installations and is fast becoming the preferred choice throughout the world due to its energy efficiency, design flexibility and superior comfort.
- Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements
- Effectively writes, presents, and communicates bids. Negotiates value and closes the sale
- Positively and credibly influences system design and solutions with customers. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis
- Manages multiple, ongoing, projects particularly focusing on selling HVAC equipment, service, and systems
- Builds partnering relationships with customers and manufacturers contractors. Understands the customer’s business and speaks their language
- Responsible for supporting and assisting in the accounts receivable collection process
- Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements and sell solutions
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with the entire sales team and inside sales supports staff
- Assists in the development of the sales team
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and ideally 5+ years account management and leadership experience; or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Windows XP/Vista/2000, Adobe
- HVAC, Mechanical Contracting, Engineering or Construction industry experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and respond to rapidly changing priorities in a multi-faced and fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, deal with ambiguity and manage high volume projects
- Negotiating Skills: Ability to settle differences, compromise or reach agreement while avoiding argument and dispute.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge in a precise, concise and logical manner. Demonstrates professional facilitation skills and has a professional presence.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Location: Norfolk, VA- must currently live within a reasonable commuting range or be willing to relocate (required). Sales territory reaches from Williamsburg to Emporia, VA.
Design Engineering firms & Hobbs’ office environment.
Frequently travel to our Partners/Manufacturers for more in-depth training is required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance