Who We Are.
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do helps make a home a reality for millions of homebuyers and renters. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
From serving customers to empowering communities, the Fannie Mae Internship program is a paid opportunity designed to empower, equip and engage early career professionals with a world class work experience.
A 10-week program for rising university junior and senior students hosted in our Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Plano, TX offices; Fannie Mae interns are empowered to drive change, lead with creativity, own their careers, and make a difference.
As a Fannie Mae intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your education and perspectives to solve real-world issues and work with diverse teams within different departments like Finance, Technology, Analytics and more. As a path to our fulltime opportunities, your will be a true contributor on a team that fits your skills and interest in a dynamic environment alongside full-time employees.
What You’ll Do.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you are fascinated with designing, building and testing software, you enjoy the challenge of solving technical problems, and you thrive in environments where you can collaborate with other engineers. Through hands-on experience and interaction with some of the greatest software engineering teams in the industry, you will gain experience and understanding in producing software solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to designing, producing, testing, or implementing routine or foundational software, technology, or processes, as well as contribute to creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems. Our software engineer interns collaborate with senior staff to implement new software technologies and maintain existing software’s using standard methods, practices, and precedents. This opportunity will allow you to apply your fundamental knowledge of process-driven approach in designing solutions for our customers.
In this role, you may learn and work with programming languages, technologies, and frameworks such as:
Agile Process Development
Application Programming Interface (API)
AWS developer tools
The Day to Day
Interns will get experience:
- Producing clean, efficient software solutions to meet customer needs
- Integrating software components and third-party applications
- Providing support to production applications, troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading existing software
- Recommending and executing improvements to both the software and development process
- Creating scalable, automated solutions to support business needs
- Gathering and evaluate user feedback
- Writing and maintaining tests to ensure solutions are compatible and retain stability
What You Bring.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Academic Achievement (preferred GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Computer Sciences and Engineering majors are preferred. Other technical majors will be considered based on a candidate’s technical experience and/or aptitude.
- Familiarity with various technical frameworks and Agile development methodologies
- Experience with databases, software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Strong analytical background
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to contribute to a team atmosphere
- Self-starter, strong business acumen, and results focused
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
How to Apply.
To be considered, please submit your resume via your school’s career website.
Fannie Mae is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that promotes work force diversity and hires without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status. We promote a drug free environment.