Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution, Faurecia anticipates the future of mobility developing cutting-edge solutions for smart life on board and sustainable mobility. If you are ready to contribute and create value for tomorrow’s cleaner and smarter mobility, Faurecia is the place to be!
Faurecia North America is looking for recent graduates (up to 2 years of experience) in Engineering to join our Rotational Development Program (RDP) and commit to long term growth and development with Faurecia. The program’s content is built off the academic knowledge received by the candidate while completing their bachelor’s or master’s degree as well as the individual needs, capabilities, and objectives of the candidate. The RDP is a two-year program consisting of three 8-month rotations that take place in various Faurecia facilities. Upon successful completion of the program, the candidate will be placed in a permanent key position within their core field.
As a part of this program, you can expect to:
- Develop your leadership and decision-making skills through various project assignments and daily tasks
- Gain cross-cultural exposure and experience
- Receive regular guidance from an experienced mentor in your core field
- Build an extensive network within the organization
- Attend training sessions and workshops
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management
Your position and environment:
Rotation I – Software Engineer
- Design, develop, prove, and document embedded software products and solutions
- Occasionally review code and unit tests of other software developers and engineers
- Provide product definition and design support for team software products and efforts
- Decompose business requirements into component business requirements for inclusion in development efforts
Rotation II – Electrical Engineer
- Work with the sales team to convey FCE technical expertise to customers
- Participate and support in product design reviews
- Communicate electrical hardware design to mechanical design team to ensure designs are optimized for thermal performance, EMC, and other environmental exposure.
- Support technical portions of presentations to customers and demonstrate properties/ Proof of Concept (PoCs)
- Design, develop, prove, and document electronic products and solutions
- Review technical portions of RFI’s and RFQ’s and provide effort estimates to add features and functionality to existing products or create new products
Rotation III – Validation Engineer- Cockpit Electronics
- Able to decompose customer requirements into comprehensive test plans and validation approaches
- Able to verify appropriate non-functional requirements to guarantee proper maintainability, persistence, scalability, security, and performance
- Capture vehicle and/or module data during validation using standard or customer specific tools.
- Perform preliminary issue analysis and evidence gathering to be passed on to development teams worldwide for final resolution.
- Create tools, scripts, processes, and utilities to assist in testing, debugging, updating, and resolving issues.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Software, Electrical) or other relevant degree field
- 2+ years of experience – internship preferred
- Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of problem solving in a fast-paced, autonomous environment.
- Be willing to relocate at the conclusion of each rotation.
- Interest/able to travel for an international assignment
Key competencies to have and develop:
- Learning on the fly
- Dealing with ambiguity – capability to work in a matrix environment
- Autonomy, reliability
- Communication, to all levels of the organization
- Priority setting
- Team player
- Analytical mindset, cross-cultural sensitivity and speaking another language (French, Spanish…) are a plus