Reporting to the Director – Data Analytics, the student will have the opportunity to learn about various Finance functions and take part in initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Produce analytics and analysis for the Chief Financial Officer
- Prepare business intelligence reports for the Finance Division
- Streamline and automate processes to maximize the productivity of the Finance team
Suitable candidates must be able to balance competing priorities with various deadlines in a high-stakes environment.
The People You Will Work With
The position will work closely with the Director – Data Analytics and will interact with nearly all areas of Finance including Accounting, Asset-Liability Management, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, and Treasury Operations.
Where and When You Will Work
The position will be remote as Farmer Mac’s offices are currently closed. Work may be performed during core business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 p.m. eastern time, for a minimum of 10 hours not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interest in capital markets, mortgage finance, statistics, data analysis, and fixed income mathematics and concepts
- Outstanding organizational skills and excellent attention to details are a must
- Solid MS Excel skills required
- Experience with computer language or interface [examples: Python, R, SAS]
- Experience with SQL preferred; knowledge of PowerBI a plus
- Strong educational record of achievement with an equally strong desire to learn
- Must be self-motivated and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Successful candidates must share the Farmer Mac values listed below and demonstrate an ability to work collegially and collaboratively
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate-level student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Minimum GPA of 3.5