Realty Specialists have the opportunity to work on a number of FBI initiatives related to the National Capital Region’s real property leasing portfolio. A Realty Specialist’s primary function is to develop skills and knowledge of commercial real estate principles, concepts, practices and techniques. Assignments will be designed to increase knowledge and experience in all real property matters while focusing on lease acquisition and administration.
Realty Specialists are still undergoing development and the work characteristically involves limited performance assignments for other than training purposes. For development purposes, they apply specific standards and procedures and exercise judgment in reaching conclusions independently. Realty Specialists will also collaborate with FBI Program and Project Managers to develop new initiatives and funding requirements pertaining to the real property leasing portfolio. In accomplishing this mission, Realty Specialist’s primary activities include:
· Assist in developing space requirements, layouts, designs and schedules for build out of space.
· Assist with market research methods, advertisements for commercial office leases, developing full-
service rental rates, and calculation of amortization of tenant improvements
· Assist with review of proposed lease strategies; assist with preparing draft lease
changes/modifications and supplemental lease agreements
· Prepare resulting documents/presentation material in a decision-ready or signature-ready format for
Executive Management review and approval
· Assist in lease administration duties to include approval of overtime utilities, adjustments to lease
operating expenses and other functions involved in the day-to-day operations of real property
· Assist in maintaining and updating records, documents, and databases for leasing portfolio
· Assist in drafting letters to Lessors
· Assessing lease acquisition risks, issues, and provide solutions
· Assist in tracking and maintaining lease acquisition deadlines
You must be a U.S. citizen and consent to a complete background investigation, drug test, and polygraph as a prerequisite for employment. The FBI is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity and inclusion. For more information about the FBI visit: www.fbijobs.gov. For more information on the benefits as a government employee visit: www.opm.gov