The Division of Research and Statistics (R&S) Data Architecture, Technology, and Analytics (DATA) team is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student interested in data architecture, data engineering, data science, data modeling, data analytics, and/or data visualization. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical, ideal for students interested in learning how to deliver data services to policymakers and researchers.
The newly established DATA team is charged with transforming how R&S ingests, organizes, uses, and visualizes data. This unique opportunity to assist in developing a new set of service offerings for a staff of 350 will provide valuable insights into how the Board maximizes the value of data assets used to inform policy analysis and to conduct cutting-edge research.
There will be opportunities to shadow our team as they engage in the full data lifecycle to create short-term tactical solutions that advance long-term objectives. Examples of possible projects include documenting aspects of the divisions’ current data architecture, mapping data sources and dependencies, developing data pipeline requirements, building data integration tools and interfaces, and designing and implementing data analytics, dashboards, and visualizations. Additionally, there are opportunities to attend professional development events with interns from across the Board.
The internship will last 10-12 weeks and will either be conducted virtually or in-person in Washington, D.C.
Qualifications – External
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, with at least one semester remaining after August 2022
- Interest/experience in data engineering, data science, data modeling, data analytics, data visualization, computer science, or related fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and experience with R and/or Python
- U.S. citizenship required
- COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exemption applies.
Note: Upload a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript prior to submitting your application.