The purpose of the position is responsible for Diversity and Inclusion focused recruiting and sourcing strategies and programs, as well as providing direct recruiting assistance to designated client groups. In addition, this role will partner with key external organizations to advance recruitment opportunities and the brand and reputation of FedWriters.
Specific duties include:
- Prioritize recruiting activities (sourcing, interview days, offer management).
- Partnering with Hiring Managers and Director of Operations to meet business objectives.
- Proactively establishing and identifying recruiting process enhancements to ensure strong candidate pipeline for multiple skill sets.
- Requisition Management
- Assists managers with defining and validating key position requirements (i.e. defining education, experience, technical knowledge, and competencies). Assists with content for job postings.
- Labor Market Expertise: Educates Manager on market trends which may impact ability to fill (Salary, Skill Set availability).
- Ensures hiring managers prioritize position requirements based on business needs.
- Sourcing, Screening, and Candidate Management.
- Crafts and communicates recruiting strategies and provides timely updates to hiring managers.
- Actively sources candidates utilizing all available resources.
- Conducts phone screens for all candidates submitted.
- Tracking of candidate and requisition progress in ATS.
- Reviews interviewers’ recommendations or participates in selection hiring discussions.
- Negotiates, prepares, and extends new hire offers.
- Ensures all contingencies are met prior to new hire orientation and hiring managers.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the intern will be required to complete repetitive editing tasks. Majority of time is spent sitting; extensive use of computer/computer terminal. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.