Work and train with the industry’s finest professionals! Flatiron’s Intern Program provides challenging and rewarding work opportunities for college students majoring in Civil Engineering and Construction Management. We are looking for candidates to fill open positions in our East Coast Division.
As an Intern, you will be given the opportunity to apply your academic training and skills in a real-world setting at any number of project locations. In addition, you will assist the project manager, project engineer, and the rest of the on-site construction staff in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of engineering technology by performing any combination of the following duties at a project job site.
Field engineer interns will be required to have a working knowledge of the entire project, including plan interpretation, project specifications, project cost code knowledge, and the overall construction schedule. In performing any number or combination of the following tasks, you shall support published corporate policies, set a productive and consistent work example, and be responsible to follow up on all tasks assigned.
What you will be doing
- Assist with evaluation of field conditions and acceptance testing
- Support quality assurance and quality control engineering materials testing
- Apply survey knowledge to assist with project layout and checking of work to confirm work is in conformance with plans and specifications
- Review project drawings and coordinate any design changes
- Provide document control assistance for correspondence, submittals, design releases etc.
- Initiate engineering design clarifications
- Perform quantity tracking and productivity analysis for maximization of operation efficiency
- Assist with preparing and updating project schedule and interact will all involved in scheduling decision processes
- Respond to field for design clarification, and manage subcontractors field operations and verify contract payments
- Provide design assistance to the project engineer for the design of temporary structures using computer aided design tools
What we are looking for
- Field engineer interns/co-ops are required to be currently enrolled in Engineering, Construction Management or a similar program at an accredited technical college or university
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.