At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
What you will be able to do:
You will be part of a growing team supporting our Dealer Network & Employee Engagement product line that helps manage the dealer network and digitally engage dealership employees to drive great results for our dealers, our customers, and our company. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and modernizing a key application used for US and global dealers to enroll in Ford Motor Company’s marketing programs. This will involve a migration from Classic ASP technology to Java using Angular. You will:
- Work with a product designer, team members and business owners to identify requirements
- Design/develop application from scratch, including all front- and back-end aspects
- Create technical specifications and runbooks
- Participate in test-driven development
- Partner with a technical anchor and architects to design the architecture
- Assure correct security and data protection settings
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience in Java, Springboot, and Angular
- One or more years of CI/CD experience with GitHub, Jenkins, and PCF Native Cloud
Our preferred requirements:
- Knowledge of testing and security methodologies and tools (e.g., SonarQube, CheckMarx, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of logging and monitoring tools (e.g., Splunk, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of audiences
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and reasoning abilities
- Knowledge of performance and load engineering/tuning
- Background with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile project management tools (e.g., Rally) a plus
- Exceptional professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating technical specifications
- Business process improvement expertise
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf