FP Events is growing the scope, diversity, and reach of our programs. We have successfully launched and built out a robust virtual event program over the past year. We are continuing that trajectory while also introducing a “roadmap for re-entry” back to in-person events in late 2021 or early 2022.
We have an immediate need for a full-time virtual intern to join our events team for the summer. The successful candidate will provide support for promotional, social media, and audience development efforts. FP is a collaborative place, and candidates should enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals.
This role will have the opportunity to learn about planning and executing virtual (and live) events, from content development to logistics to digital marketing. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with strong written and verbal communication skills, an interest in social media and audience engagement, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
The person in this position will:
- Support digital event marketing planning and execution.
- Assist with social media posts, promotional emails, website management, and other marketing collateral.
- Support the creation of written, video, and other creative content for marketing.
- Report on performance metrics related to registration, attendee tracking, social engagement, and pre/post-event evaluations
- Support the events team in various planning tasks related to programming and participants
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Tech-savvy, adept in social media platforms and promotions, and eager to learn new tools and processes
- Strong writing and research skills
- An interest in developing an understanding of how to craft compelling marketing messages and engage audiences
- An interest in and awareness of international affairs and global politics
- Able to take direction from multiple people, prioritize effectively and pivot quickly
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
Foreign Policy (FP) is a magazine of global news and ideas. We explain Washington to the world and the world to Americans—and we do that by covering big trends in not only security and defense but also issues surrounding climate change, immigration, politics, culture, and more. FP is more than just a magazine: We have a research division that has been at the forefront of research on gender parity, 5G, security, and more. Our podcast division is flourishing and includes successful shows I Spy, And Now the Hard Part, and Don’t Touch Your Face. FP Events convenes top leaders in government, business, and civil society for critical and timely conversations on a wide range of topics.
*Candidates must possess the legal right to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this opportunity.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.