The Research Assistant is responsible for activities related to participant enrollment from community treatment clinics with a technology-based behavioral intervention component, data collection, and follow-up at the assigned study site(s), as well as assisting with other research-related tasks as directed.
The candidate will also work in the role of a research interviewer or research assistant on a clinical trial focused on delivering opioid use disorder services in public sexual health clinics in Baltimore.
• Must have a solid working knowledge of the research protocol and demonstrate the ability to answer questions regarding the protocol.
• Local travel required for locating research participants.
• Understanding of research data, confidentiality, and fidelity in protocol and procedures.
• Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Computer skills necessary: knowledge of spreadsheet programs, internet, and word processing programs.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s in the social sciences or health-related fields and relevant research experience preferred. The candidate must have earned a bachelor’s degree by June 2021.
• Ensures participant eligibility and oversees participant enrollment at the assigned study site.
• Explains the research and obtains informed consent.
• Conducts research interviews and assessments.
• Oversees random assignment of participants.
• Tracks and schedules participants for follow-ups.
• Works with clinic personnel to obtain participant treatment data from the assigned study site(s).
• Enters data, maintains study databases, and produces regular reports.
• Ensures confidentiality of research information.
• Ensures quality and accuracy of data, forms, and interviews.
• Conducts literature searches and produces structured and narrative reviews.
• Oversees petty cash for participant incentives.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings