About this Job
Come join our lively team in a fast-paced international environment of Fulbrighters changing the world! We are offering an unpaid summer internship to upper level undergraduate and graduate students (sophomore and above). Detail oriented, self-starters and team players are encouraged to apply.
The Fulbright Association, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a private, non-profit organization started in 1977 by U.S. alumni of the Fulbright Program. It is the largest organization of Fulbright alumni in the world. Our mission is to engage current and former Fulbright exchange participants in lifelong experiences that advance international understanding through volunteer service to communities, people-to-people diplomacy, and dialogue on global issues.
Purpose: To support the Fulbright Association’s national 50+ chapter network in the management of programs and events, including our international travel programs, board and donor events, online store and other fundraising programs, and more. Our intern will provide hands-on support in the areas of program and chapter management.
- Assist with the planning, marketing, and implementation of international travel programs
- Plan events, including coordinating event venues and hotels, budgeting, researching, communicating with vendors, and managing attendance lists.
- Communicate with the Fulbright member and donor community through e-mail and social media
- Assist chapters in the development of engaging programs for members
- Attend local chapter events
- Organize small-scale event logistics and outreach plan
- Participate in membership & donor renewal calls, and some admin tasks.
Between 15-20 hours per week. Exact schedule and dates of internship to be set directly with supervisor. The Fulbright Association Office is located near Farragut Square at 1900 L Street NW in Washington, D.C. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to keep to a tight timeline and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with social media and website technology (WordPress, email platforms).
- Interest in international exchange or education.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to figure out how to get things done.
- Pursuing a degree related to Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, International Studies, or related fields
- Foreign language proficiency
- Graphic design ability
- Experience with event planning
- Familiarity with the Fulbright Program
- Interest in and/or knowledge of higher education
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations
- Experience with international travel or study abroad
Internship start and end dates are flexible. Ideal candidate would be able to work late May/early June through August.
UPDATE: Internship details may change due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 page writing sample. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.