About this Job
Come join our lively team in a fast-paced international environment of Fulbrighters changing the world! We are offering an unpaid summer internship to upper level undergraduate and graduate students (sophomore and above). Detail oriented, self-starters and team players are encouraged to apply.
The Fulbright Association, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a private, non-profit organization started in 1977 by U.S. alumni of the Fulbright Program. It is the largest organization of Fulbright alumni in the world. Our mission is to engage current and former Fulbright exchange participants in lifelong experiences that advance international understanding through volunteer service to communities, people-to-people diplomacy, and dialogue on global issues.
Purpose: To drive Fulbrighter engagement and fundraising while supporting brand development. Specifically, our intern will provide hands-on support in the areas of business development, sales, and fundraising.
Intern duties include:
- Work on development strategy and plan
- Develop fundraising and membership materials
- Conduct active business development (audience research, outreach via email and phone)
- Schedule development meetings
- Plan and assist in membership and donor campaigns
- Develop store and other fundraising promotions
- Work with communications manager on messaging and value proposition development
- Communicate and develop relationships with donors
- Calls: All staff and interns participate in membership and donor renewal calls, and some admin tasks
Between 15-20 hours. Exact schedule and dates of internship to be set directly with supervisor. The Fulbright Association Office is located at Farragut North, 1900 L Street NW, Suite 302 Washington, DC. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, International Business, or related degree
- Some experience with social media and website technology (Word Press, email platforms)
- Track record of success in front-facing roles with sales, engagement and/or event responsibilities.
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to keep to a tight timeline and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in international exchange or education
- Experience with online crowd sourcing platforms
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profits
- Skills with developing charts and graphics in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with the Fulbright Program
- Interest in and/or knowledge of higher education
- Foreign language proficiency
- Experience with international travel or study abroad
Internship start and end dates are flexible. Ideal candidate would be able to work late May/early June through August.
UPDATE: Internship details may change due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 page writing sample. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.