About The Role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program is based in San Francisco
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders in Finance. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, local excursions, volunteering in the community, etc.
Our Finance Interns can work in many different areas of our company (company planning, loss prevention, real estate, etc.) and will assist in preparing business review presentations highlighting financial and operational performance to present to senior leaders. We are looking for candidates who have a strong self-starter attitude and ability to navigate through raw data. You will also work closely with other finance team members and partners to support, analyze and pilot various initiatives. Through this experience you will gain familiarity with brand and corporate finance teams to develop skills necessary to effectively influence business and investment decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Support Finance team in analyzing current business trends to help leadership make decisions to support earnings growth
- Build out and refine tools to ensure more efficient processes – making the business more agile and responsive
- Identify risks and opportunities in business strategy
- Perform ROI analysis to determine success of ongoing projects
- Recap and Review business financial performance weekly/monthly
- Work cross functionally with finance team and other business partners to understand business priorities and landscape.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in progress with a concentration in finance, accounting, or economics — accepting students that graduate in December 2022 and Spring 2023
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn technical applications, terminology, and processes quickly. For some roles, Essbase experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities to identify patterns, build strategy & drive results
- Attention to detail and an ability to work with raw data to understand customer priorities.
- Ability to streamline processes & look for unique solutions to complex problems.
- Self-starter attitude with an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong intellectual curiosity & willingness to learn
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Passion to work in the retail industry