We are seeking a part-time Aeronautical Data Specialist Intern. In this role, you will be responsible for the attribution, processing, and maintenance of aeronautical data.
- Participate in the evaluation of aeronautical data and the execution of Quality Assurance processes on aeronautical data
- Assist with editing, manipulating, and maintaining select aeronautical data using custom and 3rd party software
- Perform routine data entry and verification tasks
- Perform established operations for quality assurance
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in aviation related field OR Instrument rated pilot, Navigator, Air Traffic Controller, Aeronautical Analyst, or Military TERPS Specialists OR 2 years relevant experience OR substantial demonstrated aeronautical knowledge to complete the essential functions of this position
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Must possess an understanding of aeronautical navigation, procedures, data, and charts relevant to Garmin’s business needs as well as excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills – familiarity with Windows Operating System (OS), Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional and other PC based office applications
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
- Instrument-rated pilot, Navigator, Air Traffic Controller, Aeronautical Analyst, or Military TERPS Specialist
- Understanding of Instrument Flight Rules, Instrument Procedures, and the National Airspace System
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.