Gavin de Becker & Associates is a dynamic security firm innovating threat assessment and public figure protection. Our mission aims to protect and enhance the lives of those we serve. From media figures and transnational corporations to universities and women’s shelters, GDBA stands on the front line of the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work. A degree focused on Intelligence Studies, Political Science, International Relations, or National Security is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment, meticulous attention to detail, and an aptitude for rapidly assimilating new information.
- At least one year of public or private sector experience conducting or supporting intelligence collection, analysis, and dissemination functions.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting physical security.
- Demonstrated experience in social media monitoring and analysis.
- Aptitude for clear and effective written and verbal communications under time-sensitive This includes the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into information relevant to consumers.
- Ability to assess information quickly and accurately for credibility, relevance, and importance.
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Schedule flexibility and the ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Three or more years of experience in an intelligence or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite and SharePoint.
- Working or greater knowledge of commonly used intelligence platforms and resources.
- Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of global events, and cultural sensitivity.
- Familiarity with news reporting sources, social media channels, and other channels for real-time monitoring of current events. Prior international work experience/travel is a plus.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- Ability to assimilate and effectively leverage new technologies.
- Working knowledge of basic IT troubleshooting.
Responsibilities & Expectations
Intelligence Analysts (IAs) leverage advanced technology, OSINT and HUMINT collections, and GDBA’s own subject matter experts to provide timely, accurate and actionable intelligence, thereby empowering protectors, and analysts to better serve our clients.
As an IA, you will identify, track, analyze, assess, and report on known and emerging risks to the safety and security of our associates and clients. You will monitor a wide variety of risk vectors including geopolitical events, natural hazards, crime, terrorism, health concerns etc.
Critical Event Monitoring and Reporting
- Systematically monitor open sources, GDBA systems, and other channels for known, emerging, and potential risks.
- Serve as central clearinghouse of information for incidents affecting the safety and security of GDBA assets.
- Identify potentially affected GDBA assets and deliver timely notifications and updates to them and to GDBA leadership.
- Help develop and implement critical event response plans.
- Research, assess, and report on risks associated with travel and/or locations of interest.
- Research, assess, and report on risks, restrictions, and developments associated with COVID-19.
- Support other risk assessment and reporting as needed.
Intelligence Collection & Dissemination
- Monitor and research known, emerging, and potential risk vectors on a variety of channels.
- Verbally present a daily rundown of monitored risks to internal and client leadership.
- Prepare Briefs reporting on key information affecting the safety and security of assets.
Program Development & Administration
- Identify, communicate, and help implement improvements to procedures, capabilities, and resources.
- Build SOPs, templates, and trainings to support new and existing operations.
- Help assess intelligence platforms and other technologies for possible onboarding.
- Train and support new IA’s.
- On request, provide metrics and other information to support internal reporting and accountability.
- Carefully track and input time spent on various tasks and projects.
- The IA role will operate 24/7, 365.
- Analysts should be willing to work all shifts (Days, Swings, Nights, Weekends & holidays)
- Our dedicated management and support teams work diligently to accommodate each associates schedule needs however, we at GDBA require all associates to be willing to work all shifts.
- The role is based in a corporate office and will not be a remote position.