GDIT is seeking a Biomechanics Project Engineer in support of the Naval Medical Center-Portsmouth’s Orthopedics Department. This role shall be responsible for performance and analysis of biomechanical tests that enable new biomechanical research advances. The Project Engineer shall acquire an overview of PI initiated research and shall test methods and best practices before employing and further developing new test concepts and set-ups. The Project Engineer shall gain expertise in the field of biomechanical test methods for research projects primarily involving the MTS Biomechanical testing apparatus. Duties include:
- Assist with coordinating biomechanical testing activities at the NMCP Bio skills lab. Utilize/Manage design controls within the NMCP Bio skills lab.
- Communicate with clinical PI to gather input for the design evaluation of new clinical research projects.
- Develop test methods and fixtures for prototype as well as for design verification and validation testing/steadily strive for state-of-the-art test and analysis methods as well as test equipment.
- Assist with developing verification and validation protocols and technical reports.
- Utilize knowledge of the surgical procedure in order to develop innovative solutions to solve/satisfy the PI needs.
- Bachelors degree in Bioengineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Experience developing test methods and fixtures for prototype for design verification and validation
- Prior experience programming and operating MTS machines highly preferred
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a favorable NACLC T3 security investigation prior to start date.