- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $20k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Working successfully within a team, the Software Engineer will assist project leaders in the research, design, development and testing of software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. This may include coding, testing and documenting software solutions to advance our technology solutions.
Technologies: Microservices, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Java 11, ReactJS, Spring Boot/Cloud/Data, Redis, Postgres
Tools: Maven, Node, Git, Sonar, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atlassian Jira (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Clear understanding of the software development process
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development