Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Working successfully within a team, the Systems Engineer will participate in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of networks and information systems.
System Engineers will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies including:
Technologies: Microservices, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Java 11, ReactJS, Spring Boot/Cloud/Data, Redis, Postgres
Tools: Maven, Node, Git, Sonar, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atlassian Jira (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
Customer Education Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Familiarity with systems engineering, including requirements analysis and documentation
- Familiarity with systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies, such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with software ticketing systems like Jira
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with troubleshooting data flows
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Familiarity with technical standards
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Strong initiative and professionalism on projects with increasing complexity
- Commitment to ongoing professional development