There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Entry Level Manufacturing Controls Engineering
Our plants are the groundwork for GM and a hotbed of innovation. We need controls engineers to assist maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialist equipment. As a controls engineer you would be accountable for controls engineering and electrical support for engine programs. These tasks would teach you electrical root cause analysis and problem solving as well as leadership skills to provide technical support and direction to support personnel/skilled trades within the organization. Quality and safety are extremely meaningful to us, so enforcing safe work practices is the highest priority. You will also spend time implementing objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping, which means that you will have to investigate system and equipment problems and provide technical input in problem resolution.
- Leads electrical activities including new projects, operation improvements, and periodic repairs and replacement.
- Participates in functional area plant meetings and related activities to represent engineering and to assist in reaching the plant’s performance goals.
- Develops cost estimates, investment forecasts, business cases, appropriation requests and plans for minor project activity
- Utilize statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems
- Develops and monitors planning timetables and projects schedules
- Coordinates and communicates the development of changes to improve conditions for the assembly process
- Program manufacturing technology
- Analyzes product, process and technology to figure out the best methods of manufacturing
- Assist in the design and building of tools and equipment or recommend improvements to existing processes
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Control System Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Able to work full time, 40 hours per week
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Graduated between Spring of 2021 and Spring of 2022
- Prior internship experience in automotive or technology
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.