There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We have a culture of continuous improvement where we strive for operational excellence. As an Entry Level Manufacturing Body Engineer you would be response for working with other team members on problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives in a daily basis. You will influence manufacturing process development and definitions, define efficient material flow, and make new proposals for equipment in production areas. You will be able to work autonomously with occasional guidance from supervision. Your work will directly add to the bottom line! Your work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where creativity and initiative are exercised.
Could include most of the following;
- Development of manufacturing process definition and sequence of operations
- Development of capital investment estimates / detailed timing plans required to support project requirements
- Evaluation of Ergonomic / Human factors
- Development / validation of man-machine interface
- Development of efficient material flow process
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools.
- Development and testing of advanced process technology
- Manage problems / issues that arise relative to cost, timing, quality and resources
- Short term travel to suppliers / assembly plants to support / validate tools and systems
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Graduating between Spring 2021 and Spring 2022
- Desire to work in a plant environment
- Ability to work any shift
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.