There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Our plants are the groundwork for GM and a hotbed of innovation. We champion a spirit of innovation and creativity. Here you will be able to come to the table with fresh and new insights to help develop and implement into the plant. You will work on a variety of projects. This could include working on projects that support the development of manufacturing processes & technologies, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence, and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities vital to produce parts / vehicles.
Projects could potentially involve one or more of the following in support of new product program launches:
- Development of Sequence of operations
- Evaluation of Ergonomic / Human factors
- Development / validation of man-machine interface
- Development of efficient material flow process
- Short term travel to suppliers / assembly plants to support / validate tools and systems
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Willingness to work in a plant environment
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities, or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.