There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Quality Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Looking for a position that demonstrates your high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult? Our culture here at GM cultivates innovative thinking where we like to see things not as they are but as they could be. We also look to put quality and safety at the forefront of everything we do. As a Quality Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer intern at GM you would drive problem solving and resolutions based on data driven solutions to suppliers and internal customers. Your work would involve functioning as a technical liaison between production operations, engineering, suppliers, and supplier quality at a GM manufacturing plant.
- Interact with production and engineering on part measurement results to part print specifications to assure quality and reliability
- Ensure effective containment and resolution to identified non-conforming product
- Communicate emerging issues for responsible components daily to Quality Systems Manager
- Coordinate repair, rework, and containment activities for identified spills
- Validate supplier scrap
- Work with PRR process on supplier related issues
- Support the PTR Process by running PTR’s and evaluating impact on the product / function
- Support launch activities of new products
- Support the implementation and effective adherence to all elements within GMS
Additional Job Description
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Proficient in reading part drawings and interpretation of part measurements
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to quality engineering
- Knowledge of design tolerances and gauge function
- Understanding of supplier quality standards
- Prior internship experience in automotive or technology
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative and is proactive
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.