GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers. Together, you and Gentex can build a career that’s uniquely yours.
· Working toward a BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Acoustical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
· Minimum GPA of 3.0
· Completed junior year
· Prior internship experience and/or relevant extra-curricular activities
ABOUT THE JOB!
The Engineering Intern will join the Research and Development team to assist in prototype design, build and test of electro-acoustic products to include: headsets, microphones, intercoms, cable assemblies, and helmet mounted military products. The candidate will help create innovative new technologies and apply them to next generation products. A successful candidate will have solid engineering fundamentals, intellectual curiosity, and a strong desire to learn. The candidate will work with an inter-disciplinary team and collaborate with mechanical, electrical, and acoustical engineers to complete tasks.
· Assist in the design, documentation, and testing of new products and subsystem components
· Prepare/create sub assembly, final assembly, and part drawings
· Prepare/create 3D models of parts and assemblies
· Coordinate validation/testing of samples and interface with key vendors
· Prepare and present engineering data to senior management
· Assist in creating test plans and engineering reports
· Assist in the detailed design of electronic circuits (RF, digital, and analog)
· Assist in the creation of detailed system block diagrams
· Record, analyze, and interpret test data using appropriate statistical techniques
· Assist in the preparation of technical reports related to development and design studies
· Assist with acoustical testing of new products (attenuation, frequency response) and presentation of results to senior management
· Assist in maintaining quality standards for acoustic test stations and perform data analysis of results
· Research new technologies / materials which may improve performance of current designs
Gentex’s Manchester facility is located in southern New Hampshire. Manchester is the largest convention, sports, entertainment, and arts & cultural destination in New Hampshire. There is so much to do, see and experience in Manchester including major concerts and ECHL Hockey, AA minor league baseball, live performances at the historic Palace Theatre or exhibits at our renowned museums. Located in the heart of New England, Manchester is also conveniently located within an hour’s drive of Boston, an hour from the Atlantic Ocean and less than two hours from New Hampshire’s scenic White Mountains, Lake Winnipesaukee and the many other well-known vacation destinations in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.
At Gentex, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Gentex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status or on the basis of disability. Gentex is an E-Verify Participant. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening is required. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Gentex, please call our Human Resources department at (570) 282-3550.