Do you want to work on green technology and develop systems for critical space vehicles?
Are you excited by a truly dynamic, fast-paced working environment that solves challenges across several engineering disciplines every day?
Would you like the opportunity to take ownership of engineering projects from design, to build, to test?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you. Come join us at Giner Inc. You may not have heard of us, but you have probably heard of our projects, like the AeroVironment Helios fuel cells and advanced life support systems for submarines and spacecraft. Giner partners with government agencies and numerous commercial organizations to push the boundaries of electrochemical technology.
In this role, you will be joining Giner’s rapidly evolving Aerospace team to help develop the future of fuel cells, electrolyzers, and test systems. You will be involved in all stages of development from design and analysis all the way to build, test, and evaluation of cutting-edge research projects, as well as production programs. You will have the opportunity to take direct ownership of engineering projects under the guidance of full-time engineers.
We can work with you to find start and end dates based on your availability.
- Working toward BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Chemical Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Hands-on project experience
- The ability to learn quickly, investigate independently, find creative solutions, and prioritize tasks on several projects in an unstructured working environment
- Not afraid to ask questions, ask for help, be honest when they don’t know something, and work to find answers
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility to address challenges and opportunities
- Familiarity with the lab/machine shop environment and how to work safely in these spaces
- Familiarity with Technical Drawings and GD&T
- Familiarity with specifying, procuring, and installing process components for thermofluid systems, based on overall system requirements (valves, regulators, filters, fittings)
- CAD proficiency, preferably Solidworks
- Basic machining experience (drill press, band saw, belt sander, hand tools, etc)
- CNC Machining Experience
- Process control and automation with LabVIEW, MS Visio, and MS Excel/VBA proficiency
- Proton Exchange Membrane system experience
- Proficiency performing analytical thermal and fluid calculations and simulations
- Prior experience working with high pressure hydrogen and oxygen systems
- Experience working with basic electronic components (power supplies, relays, fuses…) and processes, such as soldering