Description of Department:
The Formulation, Filling, and Lyophilization (FFL) Value Stream, within the GSK Vaccines division, is responsible for the production of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR), and Varicella Vaccines, as well as AS03 adjuvant. This position is in the Product and Process Group, which is responsible for process and product knowledge for formulation, filling and lyophilization. The position is located at the Marietta, PA location.
We are seeking an intern student with strong analytical and organization skills, who is interested in learning and performing product and process data trending this summer, under the mentorship of Product and Process experts, to support the annual Product Quality Review (PQR) of our FFL vaccines.
The student will perform process data analyses to verify and report the state of the FFL process controls, applying general statistical tools, using Microsoft Excel and Statistica.
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related majors.
- Proficient with MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- General knowledge of statistics
- A desire to know more about vaccines products and processes
- Able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 12-week internship cycle (May-July/August)
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Use of statistics software (e.g., Statistica)
- Data trend analysis knowledge
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.