New York City based Registered Investment Advisor seeks an intern to join our team and assist the marketing and investor relations department with day to day tasks and ad hoc projects. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to experience all facets of a growing investment management firm. Our firm manages over $2 billion and has been in operation since 1999.
This individual will report directly to our Investor Relations & Marketing team and assist with:
– Compiling financial data and statistics into spreadsheets and organizing financial information in a clear and presentable form for investors
– Developing, preparing and updating marketing presentations and materials to be used in investor meetings and conferences
– Maintaining and updating critical client information in investor database
– Researching current news articles and publications and compiling information for research reports and marketing materials
– Reviewing and editing documents for accuracy and consistency
– Updating company website
– Updating performance on hedge fund reporting sites
– Assist with new fund launches; ad-hoc marketing and investor relations related projects
– Providing general administrative support
– Very bright and quick learner
– Must have advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook (Strong knowledge of formulas in MS Excel)
– Able to multi-task and extremely organized
– Strong work ethic, diligent and extremely detail-oriented
– Able to follow directions and is a diligent note taker and good listener
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Some knowledge of the industry required
We are looking for someone who can start working immediately. This role will be primarily remote however, we prefer candidates to be within the NY metro area who are able to come to New York City for in person training and ad-hoc team meetings for a few days during the semester. Candidates need not have extensive prior experience, but they need to be hardworking and have the ability to work independently. Candidates must be available to work at least 20 hours a week (full day availability preferred), 2 – 3 days a week, between the hours of 830 am – 6 pm ET.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter (with SAT scores & GPA) and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
We offer a competitive hourly pay that is commensurate with experience.