GlobalWonks has an exciting business & marketing internship opportunity for self-motivated and ambitious students or recent graduates interested in the startup world. The intern would be working on a fast-paced global team and helping the Platform Solutions team in its marketing & recruitment campaigns via email and social media channels (primarily LinkedIn, but also Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). The successful candidate will have strong communication, social media and marketing skills, come with a start-up mentality (and ideally some start-up experience), and imbibe keen strategic and commercial instincts. Interns working on a full-time schedule will be provided with a modest stipend, while some exceptions may be made for part-time interns. We welcome both international and US-based applicants as long as all interns are able to work US hours.
A Little About Us:
GlobalWonks is the world’s first real-time expert network. We seek to redefine the future of work by bridging the consulting world with the gig economy. We are a tech startup that specializes in connecting Fortune 100 clients with top experts across the globe for independent, freelance engagements. Through our patented Q&A product, Network Pulse, we combine global knowledge expertise with data science to provide clients a single marketplace to bring their questions and receive insights from carefully curated experts – quickly, compliantly, and cost-effectively.
We work with a network of 30k+ independent professionals across the world from professors and CEOs to scientists, consultants and diplomats — all of which deliver their insights on a wide range of countries, markets, and industries. We work with over 100 clients, ranging from Fortune 50 companies to financial services, and from the world’s leading universities to the most renowned political risk advisories. Our expert network grew over 300% in 2020.
The Marketing & Platform Solutions Intern will…
• Be part of both the Marketing and Platform Solutions teams, dividing their time between the two.
• Support teams in Istanbul, New York, DC, Manila, New Delhi and elsewhere on a full-time basis and take on a key role in the scaling of our business. (We don’t mind where you’re located — our team operates across 7 different cities internationally. If you’re based in DC/NY, you’ll also have the opportunity to work in-office, if COVID-19 permits.)
• Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively, adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing working environment, and possess excellent time management and prioritization skills, including taking on highly time-sensitive projects and requests
• Be intensely curious and have a strong desire to apply your academic and professional experience to solve problems
The Intern’s Key Responsibilities Will Include…
• Social media – assisting the Platform Solutions and Marketing teams in social media management, strategy and content creation across LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Graphic design – creating or editing visuals to be shared across social media sites, primarily via Canva.
• Email Marketing – assisting the Platform Solutions and Marketing teams in email content generation, particularly to boost expert recruitment and increase online engagement
• Expert recruitment – helping the PS team recruit senior-level experts in key areas of growth as part of general recruitment, or for special project requests as part of custom recruitment
• Profile building & editing – building or editing experts’ profiles on our platform on an as-needed basis to standardize and quality control profiles on our platform
• Market research – Conducting research on major areas/industries of growth (especially those related to technology) to help bolster our recruitment strategy
• Q&A monitoring & quality control – monitoring experts’ answers to client questions on industry-specific hot topics in real time
• The completion or near-completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related fields (Business Administration, Media, International Relations, Economics etc.)
• Work authorization is required for all US-based applicants (OPT or CPT accepted)
• Excellent command of English
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in graphic design
• Demonstrated experience in marketing, social media, and market research
• Strong preference for candidates with a keen interest in business, technology and related fields/industries experiencing growth
To apply to this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org in an email titled “Marketing & Platform Solutions Intern, Fall 2021.” We might miss applications submitted only via Handshake.