GlobalWonks has an exciting business internship opportunity for self-motivated and ambitious students or recent graduates interested in the startup world. The intern would be working on a fast-paced global team and helping the Platform Solutions team primarily in its network growth & recruitment campaigns, carried out via email and social media channels. The successful candidate will have strong communication, writing and market research skills, come with a start-up mentality (and ideally some start-up experience), and imbibe keen strategic and commercial instincts. Interns working on a full-time schedule will be provided with a modest stipend, while some exceptions may be made for part-time interns. We welcome both international and US-based applicants as long as all interns are able to work US hours.
A Little About Us:
GlobalWonks is the world’s first real-time expert network. We seek to redefine the future of work by bridging the consulting world with the gig economy. We are a tech startup that specializes in connecting Fortune 100 clients with top experts across the globe for independent, freelance engagements. Through our patented Q&A product, Network Pulse, we combine global knowledge expertise with data science to provide clients a single marketplace to bring their questions and receive insights from carefully curated experts – quickly, compliantly, and
We work with a network of 30k+ independent professionals across the world from professors and CEOs to scientists, consultants and diplomats — all of which deliver their insights on a wide range of countries, markets, and industries. We work with over 100 clients, ranging from Fortune 50 companies to financial services, and from the world’s leading universities to the most renowned political risk advisories. Our expert network grew over 300% in 2020.
The Platform Solutions Intern will…
• Support teams in Istanbul, New York, DC, Manila, New Delhi and elsewhere on a full-time basis and take on a key role in the scaling of our business. (We don’t mind where you’re located — our team operates across 7 different cities internationally. If you’re based in DC, you’ll also have the opportunity to work in-office, if COVID-19 permits.)
• Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively, adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing working environment, and possess excellent time management and prioritization skills, including taking on highly time-sensitive projects and requests
• Be intensely curious and have a strong desire to apply your academic and professional experience to solve problems
• The ideal candidate will be a natural networker with a self-motivated and energetic character, who is willing to socialize, communicate and network with experts, especially with new/potential recruits.
The Intern’s Key Responsibilities Will Include…
• Expert recruitment & outreach – helping the PS team’s email and social media recruitment campaigns, primarily via reaching out to and networking with senior-level experts in key areas of growth, or for special project requests.
• Market research – Conducting research on major areas/industries of growth (especially those related to technology) to help bolster our recruitment strategy. Projects will include writing industry-specific briefs, as well as interview questions for experts in our field of focus.
• Ghost-writing & editing – writing or editing experts’ profiles (and profile summaries) on an as-needed basis to standardize and quality control profiles on our platform.
• Q&A monitoring & quality control – monitoring experts’ answers to client questions on industry-specific hot topics in real time
• The completion or near-completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related fields (Business Administration, Media, International Relations, Economics etc.)
• Work authorization is required for all US-based applicants (OPT or CPT accepted)
• Excellent command of English
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in market research, writing and preferably, editing.
• Keen interest (and preferably experience) in business, technology and the start-up world, as well as related fields/industries experiencing growth.
To apply to this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com in an email titled “Marketing & Platform Solutions Intern Application, Fall 2021.” We might miss applications submitted only via Handshake.