The mechanical engineering intern will support our mechanical team in their efforts in designing and developing mechanical structures related to our core business of battery management systems. As a small team, we see the design thru from concept to mass production for electric vehicle projects targeting the global market.
- Assist with the design and development of battery system solutions such as module architecture, BMS enclosures, load boxes, etc.
- Work on the mechanical integration of cells, electromechanical components, and hardware
- Conduct thermal and mechanical modeling. Bench and system validation.
- Assist with design, fabrication, and testing of prototypes and concepts
- Ensure product robustness and reliability and support efforts to verify supplier quality
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to bring products to production
- Drive the creation of component specifications, verification plans, and other technical design documents
- 1+ years of automotive experience
- Proficient in 3D CAD such as SolidWorks or Catia
- Experience using FEA for thermal and stress simulation
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and/or automation is highly desirable
- Pursuing or completed a Bachelors/Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and currently available.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with thermal management systems and HV battery systems
- Experience with full life-cycle of the product development process
- Familiar with DOE, GD&T, and FMEA