At Grainger, we’re committed to our purpose – We Keep the World Working. Grainger is a leading global supplier of maintenance, repair, and operational supplies, providing services and solutions for every industry. Our 23,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways; focusing on delivering the highest level of service leveraging the most innovative solutions. In the Grainger Technology Group, we deliver the technology platforms, systems, and services that power the Grainger business. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
What you’ll be doing:
This position is responsible for analyzing the customer experience in digital channels to understand what features and functionality drive value for the business.
- Learn about all the functions within the Digital Experience Analytics team and understand how analytics drives development decisions
- Profile customers and analyze purchase behavior and functionality usage on digital platforms
- Work with online and offline data to understand digital performance in the context of the overall business
The internship is paid and free housing is provided in downtown Chicago for all Grainger Technology Group interns. At this time, we plan for our 2022 internship program to take place in person. However, we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will take all necessary steps to ensure team member safety.
- Pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline (analytics, predictive analytics, data science, math, statistics, economics, etc.).
- Expected graduation with a Bachelors or Masters degree between Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- Experience using tools such as Python, SQL, R, SAS or SPSS, to work with quantitative datasets
- Familiar with basic statistical methods such as hypothesis testing, regression, clustering and other modeling approaches
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to apply analytical skills in a business environment
- Desire to learn about web development from an analytical perspective
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.