K – 12 Teachers for Classical, Liberal Arts Academies in AZ and TX
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade Classroom Teachers
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade Teaching Apprentices/Assistants
- Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Visual Arts, Drama
- Humane Letters: Western Traditions of Literature, History and Philosophy
- Languages: Latin, Spanish, French
- Literature and Composition: Western Traditions of Literature
- Mathematics: Elementary Math (K-5th gr.) and Pre-Algebra through Pre-Calculus
- Physical Education
- Science: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
- Special Education / ELL Teachers
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing educational services to students, responsible for planning, developing, delivering and implementing various educational programs, activities, lesson planning, assessments for a classical education curriculum in classroom settings in consultation with other school personnel and faculty. This is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in education or for those who love working with children.
To view current openings, please visit: https://www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers/currently-open-positions/
TEACH WITH US
- Our academies are institutions of academic rigor and excellence and attract students who are curious and diligent.
- Classes are run Socratically – teachers are expected to be guides as well as participants in the search for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.
- The faculty of Great Hearts Academies is a true community of life-long learners who, together, participate in seminars, attend music concerts, hear lectures on art, philosophy, mathematics, and other events.
- Certification is not required; while many of our teachers do come from education programs or other local public schools, most hold undergraduate/graduate degrees in the academic subjects they teach and/or undergraduate or graduate degrees from top liberal arts programs.
APPRENTICE TEACHER PROGRAM
This program offers new teachers an intentional, individualized course of study and mentorship with a Master Teacher as they learn the craft of teaching in a classical, liberal arts primary-school environment. This full-time, paid apprenticeship is ideal for individuals who wish to gain valuable experience in the Great Hearts classroom. Upon the successful completion of the program and milestones, Apprentices are recommended to lead teaching roles in lower, middle, or upper schools across the network.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may use the link provided or begin the application online at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers. The site offers much information about teaching at Great Hearts, and includes a brief initial application, through which you may submit materials for review by Headmasters and Lead Office staff. Per your indication of regional preferences (Arizona and/or Texas), and openness to consideration in multiple regions, we will make your application available to all relevant Headmasters and/or Hiring Managers. If you have further questions, you may email us at email@example.com.