About this Job
This is an online/remote internship, so there is no need to relocate. It is up to the applicant’s discretion to choose a start and end date (the dates listed on the posting are flexible). Every single responsibility endowed to an intern directly contributes to a crucial ongoing project in a significant manner,.
- Investment Analysis- Within a team, evaluate cash flows and IRRs for stakeholders of transactions involving distressed assets in Shanghai
- Financial Modeling- Build complex financial models and conduct Pro-Forma Analysis in MS Excel for ongoing deals (given demonstrated capability)
- Market Research- Collect current market data on prices/cap rates/comparables via calls with agents and brokers, and aggregate more potential partner investors through Investor outreach using Insightly CRM (for emails), LinkedIn, and WeChat (for PRC natives)
- Investment Memos- Attend calls with senior executives at buy-side partner firms and build information summaries; create investment memorandums and pitch decks in MS Powerpoint/Adobe InDesign
- Daily Training calls for all interns with the Director of Investments and Investor outreach, covering real estate strategies, trends, and financial theory
- Constructive feedback on deliverables with merit-based endowment of leadership and projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, proactive work style
- Ability to work independently towards a goal, efficiently managing time and resources
- Proficiency in business software, esp. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc
GreenTree is a private equity firm specializing in real estate cross-border Chinese investment. We engage in investments with sustainable financial and social returns in China and around the globe. GreenTree provides project identification, acquisition negotiation, developer liquidity, strata asset pricing, property management and leasing solutions. GreenTree identifies and underwrites projects risk, pricing and strategies while simultaneously negotiating with the developer and 3rd party sales rep companies.