While our business has been fully operational through a virtual platform for the last year and a half, the current status for the Fall semester is on site, in the DC area, until further notice.
All classes are 1 hour in length and will take place between 3:30pm-4:30pm or 4:00pm-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Dates are not tentative at the this time. On average our programs run about 8-10 weeks per semester. September to December for the Fall semester and February to May for the Spring semester. There are also opportunities to Instruct during our Summer sessions as well. The compensation for each class is $40 and up to $70 depending on your experience.
*We ask that if you are interested, apply ASAP so that all background checks can be approved in time and before classes begin*
*Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate
• Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations
• Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects; communicates objectives to students
• Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injury and damage
• Organizes and supervises enrichment lessons, projects and activities that align with the purpose of the after school program
• Prepares materials and classroom setting for enrichment activities or projects
• Selects, orders and issues resources and materials for activities and/or projects
• Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator
• Required to attend scheduled shift during regular business hours as mandated
- Provide instruction on a variety of recreational subjects.
- Subjects include Robotics, Coding and Chess
- Provide useful skills.
- Point out mistakes and offer corrections or suggestions.
- Provide hands-on instruction.
- Instruct students on where and what materials to buy.
- Prepare lessons beforehand.
- Stay current on topics using research methods.
- Keep records of student accounts.
- Must possess strong teaching skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- High School Diploma
- Some College Experience (preferred)
- Computer skills.
- Leadership experience.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational know-how.
- People skills.
- Collaboration talent.
- Problem-solving abilities
- Public Speaking Skills
- Basic understanding of some of the main coding languages (preferred).
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Fluent English Speaker.