Grunley Construction Company, Inc. is a full-service, award-winning construction firm with expertise in high-profile, complex projects for both public and private sector customers. Headquartered in the Washington metropolitan area, Grunley specializes in constructing new facilities as well as renovations, restorations and modernizations of large-scale commercial, institutional and government buildings. We have a staff of over 320 construction industry professionals, including architects, engineers, LEED® Accredited Professionals, historic preservation experts, project executives, project managers, superintendents, tradesmen and support staff. Our annual revenues are more than $400 million and our bonding capacity is $1 billion aggregate.
An Engineer is an entry-level role learning the foundations of General Contracting. An Engineer will support and learn from both project management and field superintendent teams.
- Attend project meetings and record minutes
- Survey and layout job site
- Verify field dimensions
- Walk the job site and monitor progress
- Monitor project for unsafe conditions
- Prepare, review and mark-up submittals and shop drawings
- Take site-work progress photos
- Prepare daily reports and document manpower counts
- Update record drawings
- Prepare work plans & outage requests
- Assist with sub coordination and CPM schedule update
- Assist with LEED submittals & tracking
- Process RFIs
- Procure and track materials
- Assist with subcontractor buy-out
- Assist with estimating take-offs
- Assist with cost proposal preparation
- Attend company training seminars
Required Education: Degree in: Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related field.
Details: A COVID-19 vaccination is required for the position. Grunley will provide reasonable accommodations for disability, pregnancy and religious-based objections in accordance with applicable law.