Grunley Construction Company, Inc. is a full-service, award-winning construction firm with expertise in high-profile, complex projects for both public and private sector customers. Headquartered in the Washington metropolitan area, Grunley specializes in constructing new facilities as well as renovations, restorations and modernizations of large-scale commercial, institutional and government buildings. We have a staff of over 320 construction industry professionals, including architects, engineers, LEED® Accredited Professionals, historic preservation experts, project executives, project managers, superintendents, tradesmen and support staff. Our annual revenues are more than $400 million and our bonding capacity is $1 billion aggregate.
At Grunley, we place great emphasis on work/life balance. You are introduced to all of the opportunities for on-the-job learning and growth that Grunley has to offer, expanding on classroom and textbook knowledge. A summer with Grunley, however, has a second layer to it: weekly intramural softball games, a company-sponsored Nationals game, job site tours, and mentor/mentee events in the city. The intern team is also encouraged to organize events themselves, often with the help of full-time employees; rafting, hiking, beach trips, and amusement park weekends are all highlights from past intern teams.
Grunley Interns will support project management and superintendent teams.
- Attend project meetings and record minutes
- Survey and layout job site
- Verify field dimensions
- Walk the job site and monitor progress
- Monitor project for unsafe conditions
- Prepare, review and mark-up submittals and shop drawings
- Take site-work progress photos
- Prepare daily reports and document manpower counts
- Update record drawings
- Prepare work plans & outage requests
- Assist with sub coordination and CPM schedule update
- Assist with LEED submittals & tracking
- Process RFIs
- Procure and track materials
- Assist with subcontractor buy-out
- Assist with estimating take-offs
- Assist with cost proposal preparation
- Attend company training seminars
Required Education: Desired Major(s): Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field.
Details: A COVID-19 vaccination is required for the position. Grunley will provide reasonable accommodations for disability, pregnancy and religious-based objections in accordance with applicable law.