Grupo Oricteropo Tropical (GO Tropical) is a Puerto Rican Act 20 company, established to export services such as centralized management (group “headquarters” for TransMarket Group), capital allocation, risk management, model and strategy research and development, and software development, to its international affiliates and customers. Our mission is to bless others through the services we provide and through generous stewardship of the wealth we create.
Founded in 1980 as Aardvark Financial, Transmarket Group (TMG) is a privately held global markets proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, Puerto Rico and Switzerland. We use next generation technology to capture opportunities around the world and manage risk in financial markets. We have an entrepreneurial culture and collaboratively develop our business with patience and discipline; we work hard, learn constantly, and relentlessly improve our expertise.
- Work with Senior Algorithmic Traders to assist and learn all facets of automated trading
- Develop expertise in market microstructure, tick data, and automated trading systems
- Build and maintain trading quantitative model tools and analytics
- Develop, code, maintain and support production quality automated trading strategies
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Passion for math and software applied to markets and trading
- Strong understanding of computing, math, probability, statistics, and finance
- Programming proficiency and experience (C++, C#, Python, R). Linux scripting a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team in a fast paced environment
- Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in technical field or pertinent industry experience
The company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.