Genesis Technical Staffing is seeking a CSA (Civil, Structural, Architectural) student who is looking to do design / CAD work, for an internship in Greenville, SC.
· Must be actively seeking their CSA degree from an accredited university.
· Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
· Must be able to provide two professional references. (academic references are accepted)
· Capable of working full time (40 hours) a week during summertime.
· Self-starter, Team player.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and presentation skills.
· Customer service skills would be an asset.
· Ability to react promptly and efficiently to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
· Capable of conducting research for project-related issues and products.
· Capability and willingness to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares simple civil-structural design and construction drawings from sketches or
verbal instructions utilizing manual or computer-assisted drafting/design techniques.
Prepares sketches and performs civil-structural engineering calculations for a specific segment of a project.
Performs related fundamental design support tasks such as updating computer lists,
making simple calculations, proofreading reports, etc.
May utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc.
Supports field assignments as required.