Genesis Technical Staffing is seeking an Electrical Engineering student for an internship in Greenville, SC.
· Must be a junior or senior actively seeking their Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
· Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
· Must be able to provide two professional references. (academic references are accepted)
· Capable of working full time (40 hours) a week during summertime.
· Self-starter, Team player.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and presentation skills.
· Customer service skills would be an asset.
· Ability to react promptly and efficiently to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
· Capable of conducting research for project-related issues and products.
· Capability and willingness to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares basic electrical equipment design sketches and schematics.
Performs electrical load calculations in support of broader design activities involving the
design of equipment, components, structures, or systems.
Possible field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment
Gathers data to help prepare equipment specifications, inquiries, and purchase requisitions
Evaluates vendors’; bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications for
simple equipment and specialty items.
Participates in the preparation of electrical equipment and specialty item lists.
Participates in the preparation of design guides, guide specifications, and contract proposals.