For Ford, Bacon & Davis. Under close supervision performs routine assignments that are clearly defined and require the
application of standard design techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Seeing a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Entry-level position normally requiring 0 – 2 years of work experience in process design or
related functional area.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares basic mechanical equipment design sketches.
- Performs mechanical calculations in support of broader design activities involving the
design of equipment, components, structures, or systems.
- Possible field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment
- Gathers data to help prepare equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions
- Evaluates vendors’; bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications for
simple equipment and specialty items.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists, and specialty item lists.
- Participates in the preparation of design guides, guide specifications, and contract proposals.